SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SENT IN THEIR DESIGNS. STAY TUNED TO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES AND WEBSITE FOR THE DESIGNS AND NAMES OF THE ARTISTS WHO WERE CHOSEN TO BE PART OF THE 1ST INSTALLATION FOR THE SAINT LUCIA SCULPTURE PARK PROJECT.
SAINT LUCIA SCULPTURE PARK
“TO BEAUTIFY TO EDUCATE TO INSPIRE”
ART POLE PROJECT – CALL TO ARTISTS
The Saint Lucia Sculpture Park Inc. (SLSP) is a non-profit foundation established to design and develop, a national open air museum utilising the entire island of St. Lucia. The various sites of the Sculpture Park will be open year round and will act as a catalyst to heighten aesthetic and creative awareness and add dimensionally to Saint Lucia’s rich folkloric heritage.
The aim of the foundation is to redefine St. Lucia’s public spaces, enhance the island’s natural beauty, assist in creating greater environmental sensitivity, educate and inspire the youth, foster a new culturally perceptive artistic movement and strengthen the overall cultural awareness of both St. Lucians and visitors to St. Lucia. The Project was unveiled to the Royal Academy, London on 11th September, 2014
We are embarking on our first series of installations – THE ART POLE PROJECT – and we would like to invite ALL artists – Fine Artists, Graphic Artists, Painters and all Creative Minds – to submit designs.
THE ART POLES:
- The poles will be circular in cross-section; of 18 inches in diameter and will vary in height to a maximum of 25 feet
- Selected designs will be transferred to the poles by other ‘stock’ artists
- Each Pole will carry only one design or motif and will be ‘wrapped’ about the pole
- Artists are responsible only for the designs as submitted
- All other material related to the poles: the poles themselves, paint, laminates etc. and/or their installation is the responsibility of the Project
- Each installation will be a grouping of Art Poles (from as few as 1 to any number decided by the select committee)
- To be done electronically and submitted via email to email@example.com
- Submissions are FREE – at NO COST to the applicant
- Any one Artist may submit multiple designs
- All entries must be original works of art and must be the property of the submitter. The work(s) must not have been previously published and be free and clear of all encumbrances
- All designs selected for inclusion in the Project will automatically become the property of the Saint Lucia Sculpture Park.
- Design themes are purely within the artists’ discretion.
- Artists will be notified if and when their work is accepted for inclusion into the Saint Lucia Sculpture Park, Art Pole Project.
- Artists, whose works are accepted for inclusion into the Project, will have their names included on the pieces.
- Prizes will be given on merit and at the discretion of the selection committee.
- The Project is funded through private donations; local, regional and international corporations.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 15th April 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: www.saintluciasculpturepark.org or call 1 758 450 9740
Ain’t no mountain high enough
Ain’t no mountain high enough! Sir Richard Branson & friends climb the Pitons
SAINT LUCIA SCULPTURE PARK
“TO BEAUTIFY TO EDUCATE TO INSPIRE”
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Sculpture Park (SLSP), a foundation established to design and develop a national sculpture park, utilising the entire island of Saint Lucia, hosted a press launch of one of its first projects entitled “Beautiful Gardens of Saint Lucia”. This event was hosted at the Royal by Rex Resorts on November 20, 2014 and the featured speaker was Agriculture Minister, Moses Jn. Baptiste. Attendees present were Members of the Diplomatic Corps – Taiwanese Ambassador, James C.P. Chang; First Secretary to the Taiwanese Ambassador, Louis K.H. Liou; Mexican Ambassador – Luis Manuel Lopez Moreno; representatives of the French Embassy Madame Billet and Madame de la Moussaye; a representative of the Saint Lucia Solid Waste Management Authority, Dunley Auguste; Saint Lucia’s Tourism Director, Louis Lewis; representatives of various Credit Unions; Agricultural Extension Officers; Farmers and Anthony Bonaparte, Dean of the Division of Agriculture. Also present at the press launch were the consultants and members of the board of directors.
The Agriculture Minister emphasized the need to beautify small, medium or large spaces to create an environment with aesthetic qualities which every generation of Saint Lucians will enjoy and appreciate. “Beautiful Gardens of Saint Lucia” is an island wide environmental and beautification competition in 75 to 100 categories, with three prizes in each category and will be a three year campaign with an monetary prize of EC$350,000.00 each year for the most beautiful garden and an overall monetary prize after three years of EC$1 million, in preparation for the sculpture park project. The details of a series of competitions such as essay and poster competitions for schools, island wide jingle competition and photography competitions will soon be unveiled.
President and founder of the Saint Lucia Sculpture Park, and the Board Members would like to express their gratitude to Mr. Richard Michelin and the staff of the Royal by Rex Resorts for making this event possible.
The competition is opened to individuals, farmers, churches, schools, hotels, plantations, botanical gardens, community and other organisations. Persons wishing to participate in these competitions should contact – Tel. 1 758 450 9740 / Mobile. 1 758 285 4699, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.saintluciasculpturepark.com
Saint Lucia Sculpture Park mission statement is to act as a catalyst to heighten aesthetic an creative awareness and add dimensionally to Saint Lucia’s folkloric heritage.
The Saint Lucia Sculpture Park is hosting a Media Briefing Reception for the Media, Agriculturists, and the Diplomatic Corps, for the first phase of the Saint Lucia Sculpture Park project: “Beautiful Gardens of Saint Lucia”, on 20th November 2014, in Saint Lucia. The Media Briefing Reception for the first phase of the Saint Lucia Sculpture Park project “Beautiful Gardens of Saint Lucia”, is an island wide environmental and beautification competition in 75 to 100 categories, with three prizes in each category and will be a three year campaign with an overall monetary prize, in preparation for the sculpture park project.
IVY CLUB, LONDON, LEGACY INAUGURATION OF THE SAINT LUCIA SCULPTURE PARK
10TH SEPTEMBER 2014
WE WISH TO THANK ALL GUESTS WHO ATTENDED THE GROUND BREAKING LEGACY INAUGURATION OF THE SAINT LUCIA SCULPTURE PARK PROJECT AT THE CLUB AT THE IVY ON 10TH SEPTEMBER 2014. WITHOUT YOUR VALUED SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT WE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD SUCH A SUCCESSFUL, PHENOMENAL EVENT.